19.12.04 Saying goodbye to home sweet home

Finally the day had arrived. Even though the flood had delayed Doomsday for a week, eventually my time had arrived. In my whole 17 years of life, I had never left home before, never ever. My family were worried and I left home in such a gloomy mood, in the early morning.

My departure location was at Putrajaya station and the presence of my cousin made things easier. He was enrolling into university and he accompanied me along as I stuffed my huge travel bag into the bus and dragged my feet up the stairs.

I considered myself lucky as I had a few school mates who were heading the same direction as me. My only regret of the day was when I rejected my cousin's offer to snap a few photos before I departed. I spent the whole journey staring at the spot where he stood last, wishing he was still there. Actually, just wishing any of my family members were there.

The bus left at 9:30am and we stopped for lunch break where we received 5 RM 1 new notes to spend. I kept the cash because the lunch just looked awful. I don't know how long it takes to travel to Kelantan because we reached our camp site at 8 pm at night.The bus got lost and turned round and round.

Dinner was pretty scrap as other trainees had reached before us and almost finished the food. We were placed in random dorms and I had to drag my huge luggage through mud. There was no proper stairs, just planks and stones for us to step by. It was a new camp, just fresh after the flood.

Yey, pink dorms for the girls!

I was placed between a Malay and Indian girl. We became instant friends. I checked out the so called bathroom. The sink had no water, there's two big storage pool in the middle of the bathroom which had dead mosquitoes in it. Ew!

The tragic news, my DIGI phone had no coverage at all in the middle of this rubber plantation.

I dorm hopped around to check out where the others stayed and went to bed at 12 am +. I was terribly hungry (note:- no lunch and scrap dinner) so I stole some cookies from my locker for a quiet snack.

Really wondering what would be in store for me tomorrow. I prayed that it would rain all the time, flood this place and I can go home. I wished tomorrow will be March 5th already.

I can't believe just two, three days ago I was at home, celebrating my other cousin's birthday and now here I am.

I cried myself to sleep.

3 comments:

i had almost the same experience too. its frightening when you realize that there's no phone coverage at all. and the thoughts of spending 3 whole months in a new place just made me felt horrible. :(

 

wow.. this is great!
i have no issues on the dinner and phone coverage.. guess i was really lucky! hehe.. but the first night were really scary as its a brand new place and sleeping without air cond was totally awful!

pls continue writing! :D

Abby

 

yeah please do continue writing. maybe some of us can contribute articles as well. :)